Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 3

So on Pday since transfers are coming soon all the elders in our district went to the trampoline park in Calgary for 2 hours. Tons of fun playing dodgeball, dunkball and seeing who could do the coolest flips into the foam pit. We went to the Vanderveers for dinner on tuesday (innactive family) and they have a lasting record set by their son of 13 crepes in one sitting. Since I am somewhat competitive... haha I had to beat it so I ate 15 crepes in 30 mins.. Yes I didn't feel good the rest of the night and next morning but having the record makes it all worth! We are still teaching their daughter and are going over the lessons again with her. I was a little shaky giving my part of the lesson at first but I'm getting more solid as we practice as a companionship. We got a potential new investigator but he works on the rigs in Saskachewan so it will be tough setting up appointments. 

Got to mow some lawns and do other service for less actives this week. Elder Elliott is going to be training and we pick up the new guy tomorrow. Elder Fullmer is going down south so maybe Lethbridge! We went to the trainers meeting and saw Elder Lusk there! Haden will remember him. Saturday we did the food drive all morning. Got to unload for 6 hours haha but it was fun and I saw Tanya Vanbruggen. We then had to rush back to Strathmore for Stanley's baptism and it went super well! The spirit was so strong there. It took two tries cuz his toe came up haha but it was all good! We gave the lesson of the restoration and I played I Am a Child of God on the violin. Also I made no bake cookies as the refreshments afterwards haha I think my companions like me cuz i make them treats! It was a great way to end the week. Sunday was a farewell for a girl in the ward and I got to be in the circle for Stanley's ordination and confirmation.
It's such a great experience to be a part of helping someone come unto Christ. Honestly the best feeling ever seeing people choose to change their lives for the better. I am so grateful to have chosen to come on a mission. It's only been 3 weeks but I already feel like I've changed. Anyone that is debating on going on a mission just do it. I promise you will not regret it and it it is thee best possible thing for us to do. Just being in the routine of studying my scriptures, studying preach my gospel and saying meaningful prayers every morning has strengthened my testimony in places I didn't know needed strengthening. Try reading your scriptures with a highlighter every day and you will be amazed how much of a difference it makes. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and testify that doing the simple things with purpose consistently strengthens our testimony immensely. Love and miss you all! Stay strong and always keep an eye out for missionary opportunities! 
   Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment